When is the food pantry open?
The food pantry is open on the following days and times:
WEDNESDAY: 12-1:30 PM
THURSDAY: 12:1-30 PM
SATURDAY: 9-10:30 AM
When are the community meals?
We have two weekly community meals.
MONDAY: 11:30-1 PM
WEDNESDAY: 5-6 PM
How can I qualify to receive assistance from the food pantry?
The Pax Center utilizes The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) food program to distribute 5-10% of our annual food provisions. The requirements to qualify for food assistance as determined by the USDA TEFAP program are as follows:
- Total household income is at or below 130 percent of the current poverty level for the number of persons in the household, or
- The household currently receives assistance under the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
You do NOT need to be a LaPorte County resident to receive food pantry assistance.
How often can I visit the Pax Center?
The USDA TEFAP programs states that an individual or family can only receive food once every 30 days from each partner agency.
Our community meals are open to everyone at each meal. There is no limit for attendance. We are happy to serve all who are hungry.